Cultivian Sandbox invests in innovative food and agriculture technology companies across a wide range of sectors and stages around the world. As early investors and active board members, we employ a hands-on approach to building companies and are often directly involved in setting company strategy, recruiting key executives and raising additional capital. Much more than simply a financial resource, we aim to deliver value through active collaboration with our strategic partners and network.
- We are active investors and often seek representation on the board of directors of our portfolio companies
- We typically invest between $5-15 million in each portfolio company over the lifetime of the investment
- We will invest in seed through late stage companies, and our initial investment size depends on the stage of the company
- We prefer to lead new investments and often syndicate with other institutional investors
- We can invest in any geography and prefer to invest with a local co-investor for investments outside North America